Friday, May 28, 2010

Louis Vuitton-Hopi Bag


I bought this Hopi sling back, if you are a fan of LV, you should know what Hopi is.
I love it when I first saw it in LV's website, and when my colleague was in Dusseldorf, he helped me to get one, and I think that was around Mid November 2009.So happy was I, waiting eagerly for me own X'mas present. But then, some how, may be I was not careful in using it, or I have overloaded it (since I do not have any information on the loading capacity of this, as it was not mentioned in the small booklet), and 4 months later, I found the part of the strap (look at the picture) for more idea of what the strap is), had begun to gave way, loosening up.
SO, no choice I have to send it to HK LV service centre (My friend devil in Taipei has helped to check with LV Taipei, and they said the best is to send to LV HK, as it would be faster to get this strap replaced or fixed).And that is almost close since I have sent to LV HK service centre, and yesterday, I got a call from LV customer service in HK, telling me that the strap has to be sent from LV in Paris. Good news and bad news. Good news is that, it has the attention from LV in Paris, and at least they care about quality and to make sure LV lives up to its reputation. Bad thing is I have to wait for another 3-4 months, and by the time I got my HOPI bag, it would be out of fashion. Oh gosh, sometimes, I do blame myself for choosing the wrong bag or may be I was not able to take a good care of this so 'delicate' bag?
And I am not sure how they are going to charge this, lets see how it goes. If it is too much, I will definitely send an official complaint to LV centre in Paris. Anyway, I would like to see how they settle this issue. If I do not feel satisfied, I will not buy any single LV bag anymore.

You know, in order to complement my Hopi, when I was in Munich in January, I complemented it with another purse/wallet, of the same leather type. Now, I do not know how to match this anymore.


And what Devils says could be right, time to change to another brand, and he proposes Hermes or Bottega Venetta, lets see.

Anyhow, I am, as I said in my earlier posting, looking back to Japanese brands, though not very popular, but quality is always guaranteed. I am now having my 3rd bag, from this brand known as Dan Genten (another posting later, for another collection).

I hope to get back my HOPI soon, and I hope LV can solve this problem soon, and I get a 'stronger' HOPI, cause I like this bad a lot.

Jerry C, Tokyo

1 comment:

  1. Wish you'd have your Hopi back soon. LV is famous just because of its huge money spent in publicity. Many other leather products are not that well known even they have the same quality as LV.
    The tote bag I use everyday (up to its maximum capacity) is well and strong after heavy loads and rainy days. It is a bag from an Italian brand (Florence, Italy) called "Il Bisonte". May be you can check it out when you come across it someday. They have a shop in HK. Anyway, enjoy shopping ,hehe!

    ReplyDelete